Yes, yes, I know....I bake for a living. My secret?? I'm a total ice cream addict! I can't help it; I love it! And when I say addicted, I mean it. I have it in my head that I need it daily and I'm also convinced I have a separate stomach for dessert. So even if I stuff myself, there's always room for dessert..especially if it's ice cream (or custard)! What's my favorite ice cream? That's like asking a parent who their favorite child is....you just can't do that! I love most ice cream, but if I had to list a few favorites I'd say:
- Cake batter ice cream with sprinkles and whipped cream mixed in from Coldstone Creamery.
- Almost any custard from Culver's...I probably won't turn it down, but I usually get an Oreo and caramel mixer.
- Schwan's ice cream is usually in my freezer and it cycles through chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies and cream, chocolate marshmallow and sometimes a seasonal flavor.
- I love going to Grab-a-cone too! My go to at ice cream shops is a caramel sundae, but I branched out this summer and I got a different flavor of Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream every time . So many options!
I'm an adult who likes to color.... I have always liked to color. In fact, I was a bit of a coloring fanatic when I was little. My dad taught me how to color in Precious Moments coloring books (which were my favorite) and I have been hooked ever since. I loved getting as many crayons as I could; I always had to keep them pointy; and I always had to put them back in the spot they came from. If I had more than one crayon out, I would put a pencil in it's spot so I didn't forget where it went. So....I was a little OCD with my crayons. I'm not that crazy about it now, but I still enjoy it and it's a stress reliever for me. I bought an "adult" coloring book (and have a new one coming in the mail!). I use colored pencils instead of crayons...because somehow that makes it feel more grown up, and I don't insist on putting the pencils back in their original spots....
Another thing I have LOVED since I was child is reading. I would go through five books in a day if I could; I'd wake up early on the weekends and read under my covers with a flashlight; when I earned my own money I'd spend it all on books; for Book It in second grade I think I read and did book reviews for well over 100 books...and not for Pizza Hut rewards, just because I wanted to; I competed in Battle of the Books in middle school; I read everywhere we went! My nose was always in a book. If I could read as much as I use to, I would love it, but there's never enough hours in the day! Now when I read, it's usually in the car. If I am working for my parents Argyle and don't have to leave to go the bakery/drive myself, I read to and from work; if my husband and I go to Platteville, Madison, or anywhere with a bit of a drive, I will read.
While I love most books, I think my favorite subject matter is mystery/suspense/crime. I also love Law & Order, Chicago PD and Blue Bloods, so that explain that... I recently discovered Lindy Zart who is from Boscobel, Wisconsin. I have only finished one book so far, but I was obsessed with it! It was called Take Care, Sara and was one of the best books I have read in a long time. I had a lump in the throat and burning in my eyes almost the whole book. It makes you want to burst into tears and never take a day for granted. Plus, it takes place in Boscobel and has several other local references so it was neat to be able to relate to it in that way. If you haven't check out her books, I highly suggest you do so!
I'm totally hooked on talk radio. I work alone, so I love listening to conversation on the radio. Even though I listen to talk radio, it's not the intellectual NPR kind of talk radio....although I did listen to it before I got SIriusXM. I get the most use out of my subscription on my computer, which is great because I can listen while baking. My favorite things to listen to are entertainment shows. As you can see from my list of favorite things (coloring, books, and talk radio)...I'm a bit of nerd!
I also have a coffee addiction! It's my favorite thing to drink. My newest favorite coffee drink: caramel latte from the Kwik Trip Karuba Gold machine! I even have a Karuba Gold refill cup..which means I get them cheaper...which gives me an excuse to get them more often. I usually get them Monday's, Friday's, and Saturday's....sometimes more. I try to make myself resist them.
Before I sign off I want to throw out a few reminders:
- Next open day: November 6th
- Halloween: If you want cupcakes or cookies for Halloween please let me know ASAP; it's going to be a busy week!
- 2016 is filling up for weddings (I have the most openings in the the spring, June, and July. If you know someone getting married, you refer them to me, and they book...you get a gift certificate! If you are getting married and are interested, feel free to set up a wedding tasting with me.